The 2019 Municipal Election will occur on November 5, 2019. Precincts will be open from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm on Election Day. To see the 2019 election schedule, click here. To find details on filing for office, click here. For more details on each election, click the applicable election below. Additional details on the March 3, 2020 Primary Election are coming soon!
The November 5, 2019 Municipal Elections will be conducted for the following municipalities:
- City of Durham - Mayor, Council Member At-Large (3)
- Town of Chapel Hill - Mayor, Council Member At-Large (4)
- Town of Morrisville - Council Member District 1 (1), Council Member District 2 (1 -Unexpired), Council Member District 3 (1) , and Council Member At-Large (1)
- City of Durham Affordable Housing Bond
If necessary (run-off election):
- City of Raleigh - Mayor, Council Member District E (1), and Council Member At-Large (2)
Only voters residing within the respective municipality will be eligible to vote in this election. To confirm that you are a registrant in one of the aforementioned municipalities, click here. Precincts will be open from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm.
The March 3, 2020 primary election will feature several federal, state, and local contests. To see a full list of contests on the ballot for the 2020 primary election, click here.
Candidate filing for the 2020 Primary Election will begin at 12:00 p.m. on December 2, 2019 and end at 12:00 p.m. on December 20, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Precincts will be open from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm.