Early voting for the March 3, 2020 Primary Election will be held Thursday, February 13th to Saturday, February 29th. Daily stats will be updated here on a nightly basis after the close of voting each day beginning Thursday, February 13th.
Click here to see the 2020 Primary Election Early Voting schedule!
Click here to see images of the approved early voting locations!
Click here to utilize our early voting locator tool to find the closest early voting site to you along with wait times!
Just want to see the wait times? Check out our early voting wait time dashboard below!
Early Voting (also known in North Carolina law as "one-stop no excuse absentee voting") provides an all-purpose solution for voters seeking to:
- Avoid potential delays on Election Day
- Vote on convenient days and during non-working hours
- "Same-day" register to vote (see paragraph below regarding identification requirements)
- Avoid any registration conflict that could trigger the necessity of a provisional ballot on Election Day
- Update their voter record if they have moved within the county since last voting
An identification document is required when using Same Day Voter Registration during Early Voting. The acceptable documents that may be used include: a North Carolina driver license, a photo ID from a government agency, a copy of one of the following that shows the name and address of the voter: a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document.
Notice to Same-Day Registrants - Coming soon!